Saturday, May 23, 2009

It has been an interesting week - some great highs and a few little lows, but generally a week to remember.

I..

- bought a divine new piece of furniture - one that transcends economic crisis to be invaluable
- decided that a move to the suburbs would be preferable - enough city
- the school got through registration - a horrific soul-destroying process which is complete
- had my hair cut and coloured in a very flattering manner
- had thai and coffee and cake and great conversation with my old friend
- finished the gorgeous 'Baking Cakes in Kigali'
- read 'If I Stay' - a beautiful life-affirming read
- started my Masters essay

One of the main things, of course, is we have decided to leave the main part of the city and buy a place in the suburbs. My partner is in the process of getting his license which will allow us to adventure down the coast on the weekend. Not only that, the suburbs are infinitely cheaper and I am sick of struggling to afford the inner west of Sydney. I sometimes long for open spaces and greenery, and while I know I will miss living so close to all the action, people need to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Goodreads tells me you are online now. Hello! Waving at you through the internet.

    I like the suburbs - the peace & quiet is welcome. Although I think we probably live beyond the suburbs and in the sticks, really. I'm sure Sydney suburbs would seem very city-like to me :-)

    ReplyDelete